Pompano Beach Info: 954-786-4111
Beach Condition Hotline: 954-786-4005
Pier Information: 954-773-1346
The beach at Pompano Beach is a wide (100-150 yards), mile-long stretch of fine, white sand running from Atlantic Boulevard north to N.E. 16th Street. The beach offers watersports, beach volleyball, swimming, fishing, boating, kayaking, sailing, a playground, a boardwalk and picnic grounds.
- Lifeguards are on duty from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
- Boogie boarding is permitted everywhere on the beach.
- Surfing is permitted north of the pier only. Wrist or ankle leashes are required.
- Scuba diving and snorkeling are permitted everywhere off the beach. View our area Reef Map.
- Catamarans and sailboards can be launched at N.E. 16th Street and are required to stay 200 yards off the public beach.
- Boats, jet skis % personal watercraft may be launched at Alsdorf Park located at N.E. 14th Street Causeway on the Intracoastal.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- No dogs are permitted on the beach, but pets may be walked on the half-mile long boardwalk.
- Surf chairs for the handicapped are available at the lifeguard station.
The public fishing pier is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, is great for sightseeing and includes a concession area. Access fees are:
- $1.00/person to sightsee
- $2.65/adult and $1.06/child to fish
- Fishing licenses are not required
Pompano Beach beaches are located east of the Intracoastal bridges on Atlantic Boulevard and N.E. 14th Street Causeway. The bridges open for boat traffic and close to auto/pedestrian traffic on scheduled 30 minute increments, as well as unscheduled openings for barges and emergencies.
Atlantic Boulevard: On the hour and half hour (e.g., 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, etc.)
N.E. 14th Street Causeway: Quarter after and quarter till the hour (e.g., 8:15, 8:45, 9:15, etc.)
Please make your beach travel plans accordingly.